Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Cheers to you Brother!

I was awake maybe 5 seconds before I thought about taking this shot.  No, I am not a lush, and I know that's what your thinking.  I even asked my husband if it would be creepy of me to sample this shot before posting about it, just to make sure it still taste the same.  And good husband that he is, he took a shot with me.  See, I told you, I am not a lush, I don't drink alone.

When you try this shot send up a good cheers to my big brother.  My family lost him ten years ago today.  He was a pretty heroic man in my eyes, as he'll always remain.  So we are toasting in his memory today and sharing one of his signature shots.

Mix equal parts Amaretto, Southern Comfort and Sweet and Sour over ice.  Pour it onto a shot glass and enjoy!  It really is delicious.  Very sweet, as you can imagine with two sweet alcohols and sour mix.  It taste a lot like a sweet tart so that's what we'll call it.  It's also great as a drink if you want to mix it with 7 UP. 

Cheers Genie Weenie, I'll miss you forever.  Thank you for letting me grow up with you looking out for me.  I guess now dad knows you were feeding me shots when you were supposed to be baby-sitting your teenage sister!

1 comment:

  1. Did I have this exact lush conversation with you today???!! I will admit I do drink alone sometimes and I feel its okay! I wish I could have met this wonderful man. Cheers to you Gene and I am so trying out this shot....alone or with friends I'm not sure :)!

    ReplyDelete